Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Lord consume me completely ... help me see!

2 Corinthians 5:15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.


Help me see!

I cannot live this way I live,
I cannot let these moments go past,
Each day tumbling into another,
Where all I care
Is to cast my care;
Lord lift me up to that higher ground
Help me see, what I ought to see;
That sin, that so entangles
That double mindedness
and craving for the world
Has been crucified with You
Crucified on Calvary;
Help me see the glorious Hope
Of this Gospel written in blood
The inheritance that is mine
The free gift of salvation
Of adoption, of sonship;
Lord lift me up to that higher ground
Help me see, what I ought to see
That all my needs are met in thee
Freed from every care and want
Freed to live as You would want
Freed to receive all that is in You
Freed to pour out myself for You;
Lord lift me up to that higher ground
Help me see, what I ought to see
All the riches in eternity
Your approval eternal;
That these fleeting days while I am here
Others who are still to hear
Of this Gospel written in blood
My all in all, my everything
I will spend, for Thee my Lord.
Consume me O'Lord
Burn every bit of chaff
Let nothing remain
But the will You have willed for me
Burn me, consume me
Do with me as You will
Save me from this wretchedness
Lord lift me up to that higher ground
Help me see, what I ought to see
That my life has come to an end
And Yours in me has just begun.

Luke 10:42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.
Romans 1:14 I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise.

2 comments:

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

As I was reading this post and your poem, and my eyes fell to the next paragraph, through a trick of tired eyes, I thought I read, "But one thing is beautiful…" in place of "needful…" and then I realized it was because after reading your poem, my heart was filled with praise to the Lord for His beauty, which He reveals through men like you, Uday, in your life not only your writing. I do not know you in the flesh, but in the spirit I know that you are a humble follower of Jesus, to whom He grants His grace, His forgiveness, His wisdom, and His secrets (those things He utters in your spirit which there are no words for you to express). I thank God for you every day, brother, and rejoice that you have let your heart sing out for the brethren once again. The words you have shared resonate in me, spirit to spirit. God grant you many years.

Word verification: regne

The Postman said...

it is encouraging and marvellous to see how the Lord blesses our five loaves and two fish.
thank you dear brother for your kind words, let us press on ...