Saturday, April 11, 2009

What to pray for and how to serve!?

1Ti 2:1-4 First of all, then, I exhort that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who will have all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Luk 10:2 Then He said to them, The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray to the Lord of the harvest that He may send forth laborers into His harvest.

Mat 9:36-38 But seeing the crowds, He was moved with compassion on them, because they were tired and scattered like sheep having no shepherd. Then He said to His disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray to the Lord of the harvest that He will send out laborers into His harvest.

Naaman

I see the lust that rages within
The corruption of greed
The exploitation of power
The scorn of pride
That turns brother against brother
Sons against daughters
Against fathers, against mothers
Against each other
Against ourselves.

But its just a fleeting glance
A momentary pity brought about
By a secular documentary
Or a social sermon;
An emotional blackmail.

Back to business as usual
Back to daily commuting
Back to Sunday meetings
Grocery lists and bills payable;
Back to back insulated.

"Get out, go there
Do something",
The voice within
Seems to scream.
"Do not be a hypocrite."
The logic seems so true.

O foolish Galatians!
Are you justified by works!?
A scripture for scripture
What is faith without works!?

Then said they unto him,
"What shall we do
That we might work
The works of God!?"

Only believe.
Only believe?
Only believe!

And he saw lepers on his way back
And he couldn't but weep,
"Who am I O' lord
That You should have mercy on me?
If it be any goodness in me,
for nay, there be none,
Then better men still blinded be;
If it be mercy on sinners
Then more wretched men be
Than this wretched me."

I see the lust that rages within
The corruption of greed
The exploitation of power
The scorn of pride
That turns brother against brother;
And I turn to Thee
Turn to thee in gratitude
Remembering the purging of my sins
The price that was paid
Remembering who I once was
Before I had met Thee.

What will Thou have of me?

At Your beck and call I wait O lord
Each day faithful
In every thought, word and deed;
Not mine to think or do
Not mine to decide;
I am a man under authority
All that I am and all that I have
Surrendered to You.

Luk 4:25-27 But I tell you truly, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elijah, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land. But Elijah was not sent to any of them, except to Zarephath, a city of Sidon, to a woman, a widow. And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Elisha the prophet, and none of them was cleansed except Naaman the Syrian.

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, pleasing to God, which is your reasonable service.

Luk 9:60 Jesus said to him, Let the dead bury their dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God.

1 comment:

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

The last words of your poem, "All that I am and all that I have surrendered to You," are word for word exactly what I spoke to the Lord when I met Him and was born again at the age of 24 years.

I have missed you the last month, since reading your poems has brought your warm and genuine presence into my life, as a brother who can be trusted because he trusts in God, a rare thing today even among Christians.

I hope for you everything good, brother. Thanks for posting this poem offering.