Thursday, March 12, 2009

Follow or Forsake?

Mat 9:9 And as Jesus passed on from there, He saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax-office. And He said to him, Follow Me! And he arose and followed Him.

Emmaus

He told me forsake all,
And I looked at them and that
Them and that I had to leave,
And it pained my heart
And wrecked my nerves,
In my head I knew it all
A fool I was to hold on,
That which I could not keep;
Even the camel seemed to find
The eye of the needle broad and wide.

"O this yoke too hard to bear?
Weak and heavy-laden?
Come, learn from Me
Stop your striving
My yoke is easy."
His voice I heard.

Yes, His voice I hear,
His love I see,
He who is risen
Is the One who calls thee;
It is He who says
"Follow me".

And I set my eyes on HIM
And I followed HIM
Set my eyes on HIM
His steady pace
His gentle gaze
His sweet words
My heart set ablaze.

And I turned to see
Them and that
Which pained my heart
And wrecked my nerves
And made a fool of me,
But I saw none
Nobody, nothing.

"Yes My yoke is easy
And My burden light;
You left them standing
As you followed Me."

Heb 12:1-3 Therefore since we also are surrounded with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily besets us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and sat down at the right of the throne of God. For consider Him who endured such contradiction of sinners against Himself, lest you be weary and faint in your minds.

2 comments:

Jim Swindle said...

I've posted a link to your wonderful poem, plus my brief response.
What Did I Give Up?

The Postman said...

thanks brother.
the poem before this, reflect your thoughts.