Thursday, March 12, 2009

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

Luk 14:33 So then, everyone of you who does not forsake all his possessions, he cannot be My disciple.
Gal 3:29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise.

Absolute abandonment

All what I had I gave to HIM
What I am and what I had
What He had made
And what He had given
All to HIM, I gave it all.

And then He gave it back
What I had given to HIM
Gave it back
What was on the altar laid.

Gave me back my family,
Children, wife and parents,
Relatives, kith and kin,
Colleagues, friends and neighbours,
The brethren, God's own.

Gave me back a roof above,
Gave me back a bed to sleep,
Gave me food to eat,
And a job to pay my bills.

Gave me back every gift
Every talent and skill
Gave me back my name
Gave me back a life to live.

Gave me back everything
More than what I had given
Gave me back in Christ
Every Spiritual blessing.

And by His grace
I saw through the test
"Nay my lord, nay", I said
"These hands at Your feet emptied
These hands on the plough I have laid
These hands I will not take back
Take back what was on the altar laid."

"Am I your Master?
Your Lord and Saviour?
Am I the One you will question?
Am I not your Redeemer?
The One who bought you with a price,
Not of corruptible things?
Am I not the King of kings?
The Lord of lords?
The One who holds the keys?
The One who measures the universe
With the span of His fingers?
Who holds the waters
In the hollow of His palm?
Speak and be not silent ...
Am I not the Alpha and the Omega?"

"My Lord and Master
You are all these and more
Whatever You give I will gladly receive
For only good things come from Thee;
My Redeemer and King
Whatever You want You can ask of me
You have bought me and I am not my own;
My God and My Creator
For Your good pleasure
Do with me as You please
For I am Yours and You are mine.

And then my eyes were opened
Then in complete abandonment I saw
He had set me free
The Son has set me free.
Lord whatever You give, I will receive
You are my Master
And I Your steward be,
I Your steward be.


2Ti 1:12 For this cause I also suffer these things; but I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am persuaded that He is able to guard My deposit unto that Day.
Heb 11:8 By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out into a place which he was afterward going to receive for an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he went.
Heb 11:17-19 By faith Abraham, being tested, offered up Isaac. And he who had received the promises offered up his only-begotten son, of whom it was said that in Isaac your Seed shall be called, concluding that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead, from where he even received him, in a figure.

6 comments:

Steven Wong said...

Thank you for your comments at my blog.

Jim Elliot lost his life, it seems, in a strange land, for the sake of the gospel. His story lives on all over the world, even though he has gone to heaven.

Sad to say, today many people are alive in body, trying to keep a life, but actually are dead and without a life.

God bless you.

Steven Wong

The Postman said...

True Steve. I confess my hope in Christ saying, the Lord has started a work in me, and will be able to keep me in this narrow path. For this He died for me.

2Co 5:15 and He died for all, that the living ones may live no more to themselves, but to Him who died for them and having been raised.

http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/articles.php?display=article25

Sacred Agents said...

Hi! Who wrote the poem PERSONAL ABANDONMENT?

Thank you Mr. Postman.

The Postman said...

Not sure which poem you are refering to by "PERSONAL ABANDONMENT"

Unknown said...

Who wrote Absolute Abandonment?

The Postman said...

The Postman wrote it. :-)