Sunday, January 11, 2009

He will bring it to pass, what He has promised.

"If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? Or, if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?"--Luke 11:11-13.

The Author and Finisher

They told me I had to weep
They told me I had to seek
They told me I had to mourn
Wrestle to get what I want
From God...
I heard their words and thought
If I could squeeze a tear or two
It would move my Lords heart;
But it was not to be.

What He sought was the desire within
A seeking that comes from inside
Not an external white wash
Not the loud crying and modest clothes
For it was not a tear that would move Him
He who is moved by love
Love that seeks nothing in return
For when I scorned and ridiculed HIM
It was even then that He loved me
Even then He took my place
Took the wrath of God and died.

So I know not how
But after I had met Him
It was easier to tell the truth
So I told Him as it was,
“I have no thirst
No desire deep within
I do not mourn or weep
Or do anything, as I should.
But I want to!”

And as I prayed I began to weep
Mourning overtook me
A desire to do His utmost will
A cry and a seeking that I have never seen
I walked up through paths
I had not trod before;
And surely I was comforted
Surely I found
Surely I was broken
From within.

And then what was written
Became true in my life;
They that seek would find,
And I found!
They that mourn would me comforted,
And I was comforted!
They that weep shall be heard,
And I was heard !
They that wrestle shall be broken,
And I was broken!

I was tempted to think ...
… that it was my tear
… that it was my mourning
… that it was my seeking
… that it was my wrestling
… that it was my striving
But nay it was not
It was God …
Nay, not just...
… it was God my Father.

"If God is much more ready and willing to give his children good things than you are to give to yours, then surely it must be easy and not difficult to get spiritual blessings, even to the utmost extent of our wants." - Charles G. Finney

http://www.inthebeginning.com/articles/prayingholy.htm

http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/new_year_video_message.php

1 comment:

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

Thank you for posting this encouraging and thoughtful, poetic testimony, brother!

Axios!