Tuesday, January 27, 2009

No longer free

2Co 5:14 For the love of Christ constrains us, judging this, that if one died for all, then all died;

No longer free

A christian is no free man,
And neither is his tongue;
He has been bought,
Paid in Full,
By the priceless blood of Christ.
He is HIS bond slave,
The good steward,
At the beck and call of His Master;
To be used as HE pleases.
Men may have opinions by the dozens,
But he is not at liberty;
Circumstances can differ,
But his is not the choice.
He strains his ears and prays,
Teach me Lord to hear Your voice,
Teach me Lord to walk in Your will,
Teach me Lord to be fully Yours,
Teach my Lord I pray;
That I am not my own,
That I have been crucified,
That it is no longer I,
Teach me Lord to see;
No longer I, but Christ in me.

1Pe 3:10 For he that wants to love life and to see good days, let him restrain his tongue from evil, and his lips from speaking guile.
Gal 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ, and I live; yet no longer I, but Christ lives in me. And that life I now live in the flesh, I live by faith toward the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself on my behalf.

1 comment:

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

Thanks, brother, for your comments on my blog, and also for leaving this excellent and true poem in the comment you left on my post Freedom or Slavery, for of course, for us who know Christ and in whom Christ lives, true freedom is being a bondservant of the living God. Being that kind of slave makes you the ultimate freed man, but the world does not accept us, because it did not accept Him.

Again, thanks. Your words in Christ are always a blessing.