Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Thy will be done

Luk 4:27 And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Elisha the prophet, and none of them was cleansed except Naaman the Syrian.

Thy Will Be Done

We have no social cause,
But the cause of Christ;
We have no agenda,
But what He reveals to us;
We are not here to change the world,
Bring freedom and world peace,
We are here to do HIS will;
Though it might as well change the world.

In Jerusalem,
Were many lepers,
Cripple, dumb, deaf and blind,
Men by evil possessed,
Yes my heart went out to them;
What should I do,
What should I say,
What should I pray,
For them,
Who shepherdless perish?
But yet it was not for this that I was born;
And in sleepless, prayerful nights,
I heard HIS voice clear,
Then I said,
Lo, I come
(in the volume of the Book it is written of Me)
To do Your will, O God.


Heb 10:5 Therefore when He comes into the world, He says, "Sacrifice and offering You did not desire, but You have prepared a body for Me. Heb 10:6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin You have had no pleasure. Heb 10:7 Then I said, Lo, I come (in the volume of the Book it is written of Me) to do Your will, O God." Heb 10:8 Above, when He said, "Sacrifice and offering, and burnt offerings and offering for sin You did not desire, neither did You have pleasure in them" (which are offered according to the Law), Heb 10:9 then He said, "Lo, I come to do Your will, O God." He takes away the first so that He may establish the second.

No comments: