Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Let HIM in ...

Let Him Through!

A strange and peculiar place
I chanced upon my way
Like an archaeologist
Who stumbled on an ancient truth
While hurrying to be some place else
I too, was just passing through.

A blind man who could see!
The deaf who woke at the drop of a pin!
The cripple who danced for joy!
A mad man whose advice they all sought!
Were among those whom I met;
Stories etched in my mind
Entwined in my own story
The one I was living through.

"Once upon a time",
The mad man started first,
"I ran naked within the woods
And lived within the caves";
I listened in amazement
And turned to the one who sat by me;
But he could tell me nothing
For he had not seen it happen
You see, he was still blind then
Blind through and through.

But all changed in an instance
Like spring which northward moved
The darkness receded
And light shown forth from midst the gloom
As the snow melted and winter retreated
All things became new
When the bearer of glad tidings
On the way to Jerusalem
Had marched right through.

He went straight to Jerusalem
Straight to the cross to die
Death defeated, seated on high
He invites all, even you and I
O' hear Him all, hear Him now
Hear Him as He whispers loud
"Come all ye who are weak and heavy laden
Come to Me and find rest
Come while yet there is time
Follow Me, as I am passing through."

He turned the tables upside down
Set the captive free
The blind could see
The lame could walk
And this your story it could be
If you did, what was did by me
When all my sins were washed away
And the old was gone and all made new
When the strong willed doors of life
Open and let Him through.

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him and he with Me.

No comments: